Are you a carer?
If you are, please complete a Register a Carer form and we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring.
- NHS: Introduction to care and support – information for carers and people who have care and support needs.
- NHS: Practical tips if you care for someone – advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- NHS: Care after a hospital stay – providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- NHS: Carers breaks and respite care – caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- NHS: Support and benefits for carers – caring for someone can be a full time job, find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- NHS: Work and disability – guidance, support and help with employment issues.
- NHS: Support and benefit for young carers – advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Finance and law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- NHS: Carers benefits – directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role.
- NHS: Benefits for the under 65s – advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- NHS: Benefits for the over 65s – advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- NHS: Carer’s assessment – how your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits.
- NHS: Money, work and benefits – advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring.
Please visit our Wellbeing Centre for help and advice about being a carer.