What do we do with your information?
- Refer you to other healthcare providers when you need other service or tests
- Share samples with laboratories for testing (like blood samples)
- Share test results with hospitals or community services (like blood test results)
- Allow out of hours GPs to look at your practice record when you go to an appointment
- Send prescriptions to a pharmacy
- Patients are texted in relation to healthcare service
- Samples are provided to the courier for delivery to pathology
- Share reports with the coroner
- Receive reports of appointments you have attended elsewhere such as with the community nurse or if you have had a stay in hospital
See Appendix A below for a list of the partners that we share with.
What else do we do with your information?
Along with these activities that allow us to provide health care to you, we use information in other ways which allow us to ensure that care is safe and to provide data for the improvement and planning of services.
- Quality / payment / performance reports are provided to service commissioners
- As part of clinical research – information that identifies you will be removed, unless you have consented to being identified
- Undertaking clinical audits within the Centre
- Supporting staff training
Sharing when Required by Law
Sometimes we will be required by law to share your information and will not always be able to discuss this with you directly. Examples might be for the purposes of detection or prevention of crime, where it is in the wider public interest, to safeguard children or vulnerable adults or where required by court order.