To make an appointment or to request a visit or a telephone call you can either:
- Call 01760 721211 or 01760 721473 between 8.15 to 18.30 on Monday to Friday
- Come to the surgery and see the receptionist.
Appointments with a doctor last 10 minutes - if you think you will need longer please book a double appointment. You can book a routine appointment with the doctor or nurse of your choice up to six weeks in advance. We also have some appointments reserved every day for urgent problems and when these are used we see urgent problems after evening surgery on a 'first come first served basis'.
While it is always possible to see a doctor or nurse on the same day for things that need to be seen, we cannot guarantee that this will be with a doctor or nurse of your choice.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many ailments and you may be seen more quickly.
If you would like a doctor to ring you please call 01760 721211or 01760 721473 before 11:00. The receptionist will tell you who is available and will arrange for your doctor, or the duty doctor, to call you back.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
How do I access the Service?
The provision of this service is only available to patients who are registered with one of the 21 surgeries within West Norfolk. Appointments are made via the patient's own GP surgery and are available to patients who are unable to access appointments during normal surgery hours or when surgery appointments are fully booked.
What appointments are available?
King's Lynn - Evening appointments are available from 6.30pm-8.00pm and Saturday appointments from 8.00am-1.00pm.
Swaffham - Saturday appointment are available from 8.00am-1.00pm.
Where do I need to go?
King's Lynn - Three duty surgeries are now offering extended access appointments on a rotation basis. Our receptionists will advise which practice to attend for your appointment. The three practices are:
1) Southgates Medical Centre, 41 Goodwins Road, King's Lynn, PE30 5QX
2) St James Medical Practice, County Court Road, King's Lynn, PE30 5SY
3) St John's Surgery, Main Road, Terrington St John, Wisbech, PE14 7RR
Swaffham - Three duty surgeries are now offering extended access appointments on a rotation basis. Our receptionists will advise which practice to attend for your appointment. The three practices are:
1) Campingland Surgery, Beech Close, Swaffham, PE37 7RD
2) Litcham Health Centre, Manor Drive, King's Lynn, PE32 2NW
3) Great Massingham Surgery, Station Road, Great Massingham, PE32 2JQ
What conditions can be treated?
The hubs are designed to treat patients with acute minor ailments who require a face-to-face clinical assessment in order to be treated appropriately. Appointments are available with a GP, Nurse or HCA.
Patients who cannot be seen:
- Babies under 12 weeks old
- Pregnancy related problems
- Chronic disease or long-term condition management that requires continuity of care
- Severe mental health problems
- Patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings
- Walk-in patients